Declare your independence from driving – ride GMT! GMT offers seniors an accessible, affordable, convenient, and safe way to travel throughout Chittenden County. Go shopping, go to the doctor, visit friends or relatives, or just explore new places. You can do all this while avoiding traffic or having to rely on someone else to give you a ride.
- Enjoy the easy, convenient and affordable way to get around. • Shop, make appointments, or run errands on your schedule. • Explore Chittenden County without the hassle of driving. • Take advantage of discounted senior fares.
- Arrive at your stop or station early
- Stand back from the street or edge of the platform
- Check the bus headsign to make sure the approaching bus is the one you want to take.
- Wait for exiting passengers to leave, then board
- If you will need a transfer, let you driver know when you board
- All buses have a ramp or lift, and most GMT buses kneel. Drivers will operate the ramp / lift or kneel for any passenger upon request.
- Secure your personal belongings; items cannot block the aisle, and must stay secure in the event of an unplanned stop.
- Please do not eat, drink, or smoke.
- Make sure you have your belongings with you when you exit.
Routes of interest:
FREE GMT Shopping Shuttles – GMT provides morning shuttles from senior housing complexes to local supermarkets. These shuttles are sponsored by the City of South Burlington and Price Chopper. Schedule Information
FREE Tilley Drive Shuttle – The Tilley Drive Shuttle provides a FREE connection between GMT bus routes at the University Mall in South Burlington and the offices at Tilley Drive off Hinesburg Road. Tilley Drive Shuttle is available Monday through Friday and requires a reservation in advance. To schedule a trip, call SSTA at 878-1527. How to Ride Guide link.
GMT Sunday Service – GMT provides a Sunday morning shuttle from housing complexes in Burlington to places of worship. Route and schedule information is available by calling GMT at 864-GMT (2282) or by clicking here.
Discounted fares for passengers 60 and older:
$6.00 10-ride ticket
$25.00 unlimited monthly pass
$1 Milton Commuter mid-day and late evening (cash fare only)
$2 Montpelier midday (cash fare only)