The Green Mountain Transit (GMT) Board of Commissioners voted April 16, 2019 to move forward with the implementation of the urban NextGen Service Plan. The plan goes into effect June 17, 2019 to coincide with the next urban passenger Bus Map and Guide.
Highlights of the NextGen Service Plan include:
• Passenger-friendly maps and schedules
• Service every 20 Minutes from 6AM to 6PM on major routes
• Service every 30 Minutes from 6AM to 6PM on most other routes
• More evening and weekend service
• All-day service to airport from downtown
• Improved Commuter schedules
• More service, all day long
|Red Line||Combining the #1 Williston and #7 North Avenue||Red Line|
|Blue Line||Combining the #2 Essex Junction and #6 Shelburne Road||Blue Line|
|Green Line||Combining the #5 Pine Street and #9 Riverside/Winooski||Green Line|
|Purple Line||Combining the #11 College Street Shuttle and #12 Umall/Airport||Purple Line|
|Orange Line||Combining the #4 Essex Center and #10 Williston/Essex||Orange Line|
|Silver Loop||#4 Essex Center Sand Hill and River Roads||Silver Loop|
|Gold Loop||The #8 City Loop||Gold Loop|
|Understanding Our New Bus Map & Guide Please refer to this key when viewing the new Route Guides. It will help explain the new frequencies we’ve applied to the schedules.|
|Red Line: North Ave / Williston via Downtown||6:00 AM – 6:30 PM :: Monday through Friday|
|Blue Line: Essex / Shelburne via Downtown|| 5:55 AM – 6:35 PM :: Monday through Friday
Please see Sunday’s schedule for departure times and drop-off locations.
|Green Line: Winooski/Pine Street via Downtown|| 6:25 PM – 8:25 PM
(service on Pine Street ends at 6:30 PM)
|Purple Line: Waterfront to the Airport||6:00 AM – 6:00 PM :: Monday through Friday|
|Orange Line: Williston / Essex||7:00 AM – 7:00 PM :: Monday through Saturday
(Service on Sand Hill /River Roads between 6:30 AM-8:30 AM and 3:00 PM-6:00PM)
|Gold Line: City Loop||6:30 AM – 6:30 PM :: Monday through Saturday|
GMT is moving forward with passenger facing technology improvements:
- New AVL app to improve real-time bus location reliability
- GMT is currently exploring a mobile ticketing pilot program; this would allow passengers the ability to purchase fares on their phone.
Stay tuned for continued updates on both projects!