The Green Mountain Transit (GMT) Board of Commissioners voted April 16, 2019 to move forward with the implementation of the urban NextGen Service Plan. The plan goes into effect June 17, 2019 to coincide with the next urban passenger Bus Map and Guide.
Highlights of the NextGen Service Plan include:
• Passenger-friendly maps and schedules
• Service every 20 Minutes from 6AM to 6PM on major routes
• Service every 30 Minutes from 6AM to 6PM on most other routes
• More evening and weekend service
• All-day service to airport from downtown
• Improved Commuter schedules
• More service, all day long
|Red Line||Combining the #1 Williston and #7 North Avenue||Coming Soon!|
|Blue Line||Combining the #2 Essex Junction and #6 Shelburne Road||Coming Soon!|
|Green Line||Combining the #5 Pine Street and #9 Riverside/Winooski||Coming Soon!|
|Purple Line||Combining the #11 College Street Shuttle and #12 Umall/Airport||Coming Soon!|
|Orange Line||Combining the #4 Essex Center and #10 Williston/Essex||Coming Soon!|
|Gold Line||The #8 City Loop||Coming Soon!|
GMT is moving forward with passenger facing technology improvements:
- New AVL app to improve real-time bus location reliability
- GMT is currently exploring a mobile ticketing pilot program; this would allow passengers the ability to purchase fares on their phone.
Stay tuned for continued updates on both projects!