|GMT is recruiting for our next General Manager!
For more information, click here.
|GMT is seeking an AmeriCorp Vista for August 2022! The VISTA will help create and manage a volunteer based outreach team that will focus on communication with GMT’s regular riders, as well as those we don’t reach in our traditional communication methods. This will range from capturing personal stories of passengers experience at individual bus stops to attending community events. For more information, click here.|
- Wages: Competitive hourly and salary positions.
- Time: 8.67 hours of paid time off accrued per pay period; equivalent to 5+ weeks off.
- Health: 100% paid health care coverage for Union Staff and 92.5% paid health care coverage for Non-Union Staff by GMT. Health care coverage includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription. 100% paid premiums for Short-Term Disability by GMT.
- Savings: 457 Retirement Plans with opportunities for company matching contributions.
- Wellness: Discounted membership to The Edge Sports & Fitness Centers.
- Dog Friendly: Administrative staff are welcome to bring their dogs to work.
- Education: Tuition reimbursement opportunities for courses or degree-related programs for administrative staff.
Free CDL Training
Green Mountain Transit is actively hiring Full-Time Bus Operators in Berlin, Burlington, and St. Albans, as well as seasonal drivers at Sugarbush and Stowe Ski Resorts. Take advantage of GMT’s paid CDL training and DOT medical exams, saving you approximately $4,000!
- Career Openings (Printable Application for Employment)
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Handbook
- Collective Bargaining Agreements: The agreements are between Green Mountain Transit and Teamsters Union Local 597. Each outlines the terms and conditions of employment for Bus Operators and Maintenance staff. The agreements are effective from July 2021 to June 2024.
- Benefit Summaries
Green Mountain Transit is the largest Transit Authority in the State of Vermont. Our mission is to promote and operate safe, convenient, accessible, innovative, and sustainable public transportation services in the northwest and central Vermont region. GMT aims to reduce congestion and pollution, encourage transit oriented development, and enhance the quality of life for all.
GMT accomplishes this mission through the support of over 180 dedicated professionals. GMT employees are committed to providing quality transportation services to Vermonters. GMT supports its employees in realizing our mission by continuously offering trainings and professional development, as well as by providing a stable long-term career. We are proud to serve our community, learn from each other, and grow as an organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
GMT is committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. GMT believes that an inclusive and diverse workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill the agency’s mission. GMT is always looking to add qualified and energetic individuals to our transportation team!
GMT is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, crime victim status, veteran status, disability, HIV positive status, or genetic information in employment or the provision of services. In addition to federal law requirements, GMT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GMT encourages job applications from all qualified people, regardless of a person’s criminal record; providing qualified applicants the opportunity to explain a criminal record when applying. However, there are specific positions within the organization designated as safety-sensitive, where a criminal conviction may cause the candidate to be deemed ineligible for hire in that position, regardless of the circumstances.